Saturday, January 30, 2010

Matthew The Magnificent






Matthew is in training to become a world-class gymnast. Once a week he attends a class at a local gymnastics studio where he is learning to bounce on trampolines and walk on balance beams, etc.

Normally Matthew goes during the week with Jodi but he had a make up class this Saturday morning and Jodi has a cold so I took Matthew and we had a pretty fun time. The class is meant to involve the parents as most of the kids are 2-3 years old max.

Activities tend to revolve around walking these little obstacle courses which involve climbing over and crawling through things, picking up germs, etc. Matthew rarely listens to the teachers and it is common for him to just get up and walk out when the teacher is giving instructions. But I guess its a good opportunity for us to teach him to listen to an authority figure like a teacher, I suppose that is a good thing for him to pick up on early. So far, I think he does a nice job of listening to us.

Anyway, I didn't really get a chance to take pictures today because I was too busy chasing Matthew around but here are a couple as well as a few from around the house. Note he is sitting under a quilt that my grandmother made for me when I was little, wearing a batman shirt, reading a batman comic book.


No comments:

Post a Comment