Saturday, January 11, 2014

We're back...

It's been quite a while since we did a blog post and we are long overdue.  To catch everyone up on our lives, we have good news to share and sad news to share.  Our sad news first;  in May 2012 we were matched with our sweet Ian who is in Korea.  We were in the process waiting to bring him home and after 18 months of waiting, found out that Ian was very ill.  We learned it wouldn't be in his best interest to come to the US to be a part of our family.  So in October, we made the painful decision to allow Ian to stay in Korea and get the help he needs.  Needless to say, we were pretty devastated.  We plan to sponsor him and will continue to send him gifts and lots of love.  As Matthew, his 5 year old brother, says "even though Ian can't live with us, he will always be my brother".  Ian will hold a special place in all of our hearts forever!

Now our good news!  A few weeks ago we got matched with a new baby boy!!  He is 13 months old and a cutie pie!!  Our agency is working tirelessly to help us bring him home asap.  Hopefully we will have good news on the travel process soon.  We will keep you posted.

While we wait to bring home our new son we have decided to do a little fundraising to help us with the extraordinary costs of going to Korea two times (once for court and a few weeks later to bring home our son).  Check out the awesome t-shirts Chris and I helped design with the terrific people at Bonfire Funds.  We really love them!  We need to sell at least 50 shirts by January 28th for anyone to get a shirt.  We are almost half way there!

2

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jodi!!
    I was so excited to see your blog pop up in my feed on Saturday, but then so very sad to read your news. You guys have been in my thoughts so very often. I can't even imagine how devastating that news was to receive and what an emotional time it has been for you.
    Congrats on your recent referral! I so hope that things move quickly for you and your baby boy is home soon! The tshirts are just wonderful! I am going to log on later to order one for Noah. :) Also, I'm still not on Facebook any longer but I am on IG, so I'll share a pic of the shirt in my feed there and hopefully some of my other adoptive mom friends will order as well. :)
    xoxo Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colleen!! So good to hear from you! I think about you guys all the time and have told Matthew all about how he came home with an adorable boy named Noah. We have been on an emotional roller coaster lately. I'm hoping there are only good things ahead. Thank you so much for buying the shirts and sharing the shirt to other adoptive moms. I'd love to catch up. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've sold 47 shirts!! We need to sell 3 more for the fundraiser to be successful!! A great big thank you to everyone that has supported us!!

    ReplyDelete