Saturday, October 17, 2009

Matthew at the Circus

For years, whenever the circus came to town (which I think was every year), Jodi would ask to go and every time my response was an emphatic "no". I remember the one trip to the circus when I was a little kid being kind of smelly and somewhat unimpressive (no offense to my mom and dad who probably went to much expense and trouble to take us). And I think it is well documented I have been roundly unimpressed by Cirque du Soleil.

Anyway, so this year, Jodi says she wants to take little Matthew and again I am dead set against it. In fact, I figured I had a foolproof excuse: who would take a 1 year old to the circus? As you know, I am flexible so figured, "what the heck, let's go for it" .... assuming Matthew would make a scene and we'd be out of the there in time for the 4th quarter of the Texas-Oklahoma game.

Well, as you can see from this video, Matthew ended up enjoying the hell out of the circus. Of course this is less than a minute of coverage but I can assure you that Matty was a good boy all day. So good that he got a souvenir stuffed elephant. Not only did he sit in our laps watching the show and not cry too much for cotton candy, but he charmed the heck out of the two 5-year old girls sitting in front of us.

A solid day all around (and I didn't even mention the Italian sub I had for lunch .... I will admit I was wrong about the circus. I'm glad we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment